Ingredients - The Taste of Quality !
- 500 grams SVS kozhukattai flour
- 100 grams Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon urad dhal
- 50 grams Cooking oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2-4 Green chillies, finely chopped
Preparation Method - Serve with Love !
- Heat the large frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the mustard and dhal to the hot oil.
- When it splutters add the green chillies, ginger and onion. Stir fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rice batter with coconut and salt, keep stirring. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- When you find it comes to a soft upma consistency, switch off the stove. Allow it to cool.
- Grease the idli plates and shape it into balls with your palms.
- Arrange the balls on the plates and stack the plates one above the other.
- Steam the kozhukattai in the cooker just like the idlis, simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Switch off and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from plates and serve hot with Tomato Chutney.